Volunteer to Help Out Safe Harbor
Ways You Can Volunteer:
- Sponsor a luncheon at Safe Harbor for your friends, civic group, Sunday school class
- Sponsor a “Chef’s Night Out” – call (904) 902-0136 for additional information.
- Office help – answer phone, file, correspondence – weekly for at least one or two hours
- Occasional – assist with mailouts including newsletter, special mailings, and others – a few hours at a time,
Become a Tutor:
1. Math Tutor for Algebra and Geometry – Monday through Thursday during the day and/or in the evening
2. Teach our Financial Literacy curriculum – 10 units – Monday through Thursday during the day and/or evening.
Be a School Aide — Assist with grading student’s workbooks. Hours flexible.
Respite Care: Must undergo an extensive interview, screening, and training, similar to employment requirements. This position is to provide respite care on campus one weekend every other month. Must be able to stay on campus, living in staff quarters for a 48-hour shift.
Volunteer Criteria (Volunteers must be willing to):
1. Submit to the State of Florida Background Screening Requirements (ask us how).
2. Interview with Us.
3. Attend a 3-hour “Welcome to volunteering at Safe Harbor” class.
4. Support the regular staff and follow their directions.